You couldn’t be in better hands than with Licence to Boats, QLD BoatSafe approved Recreational Boat (RMDL) and Jet Ski (PWC) Licence courses in Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast.
We offer a friendly, comprehensive, and convenient method to complete your licence training by following our step by step process. Our goal is to get you and your family, safely out on the water for years to come!
Step 1. Our easy to use online theory course provides all the information required to complete your BoatSafe assessments. Start Now!
Step 2. Attend a training and assessment day. Professional and friendly training is provided by our experienced instructors to prepare you for your assessments.
Step 3. Successfully complete your BoatSafe multiple choice theory assessment, Boatsafe allows 2 attempts to achieve this.
Step 4. Practical assessment time! Take a deep breath and put all you have learnt together.
- Simple to follow step-by-step online theory.
- Practical and Theory training and assessment can be completed in a few hours.
- Small course sizes, Max 3 (groups by arrangement).
- More time on the water and less in the classroom! (That’s got to be good!)
- Start your course today, have your licence tomorrow!
Practical Assessment- Personal Watercraft Licence
Practical Assessment Details
This course covers theory and practical elements including the following units:
- equipment and preparing a personal watercraft (PWC) for operation
- legislative requirements
- manoeuvring a personal watercraft.
This course may be completed as a separate course (for existing marine licence holders) or done in conjunction with the recreational boat licence BoatSafe course.
For a typical PWC course it will include:
- online or face to face theory training
- multiple choice theory assessment (45mins to complete) 100% pass mark
- practical training driving the PWC (until you are competent in all tasks)
- practical assessment – you must successfully complete all tasks to be deemed competent.
As we do with the boat training, we encourage you to practice riding a PWC with another licenced skipper or with a BoatSafe Trainer – you may not be competent in riding a PWC in just a few hours.
Some of the activities you should practice for both the PWC and Boat are:
- man overboard drill
- safely approach a floating object
- port and starboard turn on and off the plane
- figure 8 manoeuvre on and off the plane
- berthing and unberthing
- general navigation and control of the ship/PWC
- operate at 6 knots or less.
Practical Training and Assessment must be completed within 3 months of finishing your online theory course.
Please note: we cannot guarantee a pass on the day, and in some cases further training will be required before attempting and/or passing assessments.
Once competent we will issue you with a statement of competency, This must be presented to Transport and Main Roads Queensland (TMR) within 6 months, you then pay their fee to receive your licence.
Please note: The statement of competency is not a licence, it must be taken to TMR within 6 months to gain your licence.
What to bring:
- Photo I.D.
- Swimmers and a towel
- Drinking water